ANSI & ISO add-on
Application developers and system integrators use ANSI & ISO add-on to develop ANSI/INCITS 378, ISO/IEC 19794-2 or ILO SID compliant applications for governments and public administrations. ANSI & ISO add-on extractor and matcher were certified ANSI/INCITS 378-compliant by US Government National Institute of Standards Technology (NIST) in the Ongoing Minutiae Interoperability Exchange Test (MINEX). More on Ongoing MINEX: http://www.nist.gov/itl/iad/ig/ominex.cfm.
Features and Benefits
- ANSI/INCITS 378 Generator
MINEX-certified minutiae feature extractor and template generator. Product ID: CBEFF PID 0035000B.
- ANSI/INCITS 378 Matcher
MINEX-certified template matcher. Product ID: CBEFF 0035000C.
- IEngine™ core
Innovatrics world-class algorithm ensures speed, accuracy and reliability of the template extraction and matching. The algorithm uses only fixed point operations, resulting in high speeds on less powerful platforms as well.
How it works
Step 1. Fingerprint Image Acquisition
ANSI & ISO add-on takes as input a fingerprint image (.BMP), which can come from any scanner. For a complete compliance of your complete application, make sure you use a FIPS 201 compliant fingerprint scanner.
Important: When purchasing the scanners, ask the vendor for image acquisition API. You will need it to extract the fingerprint image from the scanner.
Step 2. ANSI & ISO add-on Template Extraction
ANSI & ISO PC SDK Generator transforms the fingerprint images to ANSI compliant templates.
Step 3. ANSI & ISO add-on 1:1 Verification
ANSI & ISO PC SDK Matcher takes as input two ANSI compliant templates and returns corresponding similarity score.
The API of the ANSI & ISO add-on is based on MINEX API specifications designed by NIST. All functions in ANSI & ISO add-on library are thread-safe.
Using standards-compliant generator and matcher ensure interoperability between vendors. For instance, interoperability is necessary where vendor A issues ID cards to government employees and vendor B provides access control devices to their facilities. Typically for these situations, ANSI & ISO add-on can be used in two scenarios:
- At registration ANSI & ISO add-on Generator extracts standard template from user's fingerprint image. The standard template is then stored on user's ID card.
- After card issuance, ANSI & ISO add-on Matcher compares the template stored on the card with user's live finger to validate the registration procedure.
- ANSI & ISO add-on is used to verify users against their ID cards. The verification can be run on a PC station, on a PDA or embedded in access control device.
MINEX compliance is required by government and public administration programs, such as Personal Identity Verification (PIV), or Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Typical applications are:
- Enrollment and Card issuance stations
- Identity Card verification on PC and mobile stations
- Physical Access Control terminals
- Logical Access Control / Password replacement applications
"The Minutiae Interoperability Exchange Test (MINEX) is an ongoing evaluation of the INCITS 378 fingerprint template. The test program has two mandates:
- To provide measurements of performance and interoperability of core template encoding and matching capabilities to users, vendors and interested parties.
- To establish compliance for template encoders and matchers for the United States Government's Personal Identity Verification (PIV) program."
ANSI & ISO add-on package contains:
- ANSI & ISO add-on DLL libraries:
- MINEX-certified extractor (CBEFF PID 0035000B),
- MINEX-certified matcher (CBEFF PID 0035000C),
- Documentation (PDF, CHM),
- 1 Sample with source code in Microsoft Visual C++,
- Innovatrics License Manager.
|Specification||ANSI & ISO add-on|
|Fingerprint Template Standards||ANSI/INCITS 378-2004, ISO/IEC SC73/19794-2 and ILO SID|
|Sensor Compatibility||Any available sensor|
|Mobile device support||-|
Performance and Warranty
The accuracy of Innovatrics ANSI & ISO add-on has been tested and certified by NIST in the Ongoing MINEX tests. The Innovatrics outstanding performance has been documented in the Ongoing MINEX report available here: http://www.nist.gov/itl/iad/ig/ominex_test-results.cfm.