ExpressID AFIS is a complete fingerprint matcher software for large-scale fingerprint identification. ExpressID AFIS searches for fingerprints in the database and identifies individuals based on their fingerprints. ExpressID AFIS is used by system integrators to build fingerprint identification applications for their customers (government, enterprises, banks, hospitals, retail stores, etc.).
Compared to other AFIS systems on the market, ExpressID is:
- faster - it matches 85 000 000 fingerprints per second on one computer,
- more accurate - it executes an exhaustive search of the database, without using the data loss techniques of classification or indexing,
- less costly - it runs on standard off-the-shelf PC hardware.
ExpressID AFIS package contains all parts necessary for setting up complex identification applications, such as high-speed matching engine, fingerprint search-database management and client-server architecture. This allows system integrators to focus on their application's specifics such as graphical user interface, application logic or integration with customer's proprietary applications.
ExpressID AFIS has a scalable architecture, allowing the Matching Server component to be installed on several matching computers to distribute the workload and increase matching speed. Therefore, ExpressID can search large-scale databases ranging from hundreds of thousands to hundreds of millions of fingerprints.
Features and Benefits
- Exhaustive Search - Every database search is performed exhaustively comparing every record. The exhaustive search does not create data loss and ensures significantly better accuracy than standard classification and indexing algorithms.
- Innovatrics IEngine™ - ExpressID AFIS contains Innovatrics IEngine™ core, high-speed fingerprint identification algorithm, reaching a matching speed of up to 85 000 000 fingerprints per second on one computer (2x Intel 6-Core™ processor or equivalent).
- Client-Server - Based on client-server architecture, ExpressID AFIS allows remote clients such as enrollment stations and identification stations to communicate with the Matching Server through SOAP protocol, over the Web or LAN. This allows rapid implementation of AFIS on a pre-existing network.
- Standard Hardware - Unlike other more costly AFIS systems, ExpressID runs on standard PC hardware and is easy to set up.
- Scalable - ExpressID Matching Server can be installed either on one computer or on several computers allowing workload distribution and increase in matching speed.
- Sensor Independent - ExpressID AFIS is sensor independent, which allows the end-user or system integrator to choose the suitable fingerprint scanner for their application based on image size, cost or technology (optical, capacitive, thermal).
- Any SQL Database - ExpressID Matching Server can be connected to almost any database available on the market such as Oracle, MS SQL or MySQL.
|ExpressID AFIS Enterprise||ExpressID AFIS Government|
|Single server architecture Up to 3 million fingerprints||Scalable cluster server architecture Over 3 million fingerprints|
How it works
From the technical standpoint, ExpressID AFIS consists of four principal parts:
- Service - is the master server of the ExpressID AFIS. It receives identification requests from client applications, manages the fingerprint database connection, executes the fingerprint search and returns result to appropriate client application.
- Dispatcher - is the module that dispatches the workload between Nodes. Dispatcher is only necessary in Distributed Server configuration.
- Nodes - are the matching computers, each can search up to 85 000 000 fingerprints per second stored in its memory.
- Clients - is a module installed on every client application which connects to the ExpressID AFIS for sending identification requests and receiving identification results. Client application can be developed using Innovatrics IDKit SDK products on:
- laptop or desktop PC - IDKit PC SDK
- handheld - IDKit Mobile SDK
- embedded OEM module - IDKit Embedded SDK
|Available SDK for client programming*||IDKit PC - for PC/laptop,
IDKit Mobile - for PDA/handheld,
IDKit Embedded - for hardware terminal
|Supported operating system||Windows 32bit, WinCE, Linux|
|Identification speed||85 000 000 fingerprints per second per Node|
|Recommended processor||Intel 6-Core X5680 or superior|
|Operating system||Windows (32-bit, 64-bit): XP, Vista, 7;
Linux (32-bit, 64-bit): Red Hat, Debian
*other upon request
|Executable mode||Windows: Standalone (.exe program), Windows Service;
Linux: standalone ELF executable / Linux daemon
|Client-Server architecture||Based on SOAP protocol|
|Encryption||AES with 256 bit cipher key|
|Communication link compression||Zip algorithm|
|Supported databases||Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, SQLite|
Prices and Ordering
Prices of development and runtime licenses are available upon request. In order for us to propose the correct quote, please include project data according to this FAQ: http://www.innovatrics.com/support/faq#afis11.